01 02 03 OLEM EDGE GLOBAL CONCEPT: If you pray in your pastor’s name you are idolater 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

If you pray in your pastor’s name you are idolater

34

Ever been part a prayer session in which you were asked to ‘shout in a very loud voice!’ and called God in the name of your pastor (in a number of times)?
It has become a trend among Nigeria churches that when somebody is leading the congregation to pray: the prayer leader(s) would implore people to pray in their pastor’s names. whereas, the scripture says, “Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?
“Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power). Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]
 
“I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father. And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. [Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM]”. John 14:9-14, AMP.

Pastors are called and anointed by God but they are not to be idolised
Like when God separated the Levites to Himself, during the time of Moses – so as He (also) separated pastors to Himself today and until the end of the world.
However, pastors are people of like minds (with their congregation) in terms of aspirations, ambitions, desires or expectations. They are not divine beings because they exist in the terrestrial bodies: yet, they possess the grace that is not available to some people (who are not called into the gospel ministry).
They are to be respected, catered for, as well as, prayed for, but we  are not to pray in their names – no matter what God has done or what God is doing through them: no matter how old they are, or how long they have been in the ministry – we are to glorify God in their lives and listen to the corrections that God is giving us through their mouths.

The only certified name in which we should pray is ‘Jesus’
“For it was in Him that all things were created, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, whether thrones, dominions, rulers, or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and in and for Him.  And He Himself existed before all things, and in Him all things consist (cohere, are held together). He also is the Head of [His] body, the church; seeing He is the Beginning, the Firstborn from among the dead, so that He alone in everything and in every respect might occupy the chief place [stand first and be preeminent]. For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently.” Col 1:16-19, AMP.
Jesus Christ was the one who laid the foundation of grace, and opened the door for all and sundry to call God – ‘Father’.
He laid His life (blameless but crucified) in Jerusalem at Golgotha so that every people from every nation can be saved and have eternal life. By the time that He would give up the ghost – He said ‘it is finished’ which means “mission accomplished”.
prayer time
Then the scripture declares to us, “IN MANY separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the Truth] and in different ways God spoke of old to [our] forefathers in and by the prophets, [But] in the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order]. He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high, [Taking a place and rank by which] He Himself became as much superior to angels as the glorious Name (title) which He has inherited is different from and more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did [God] ever say, You are My Son, today I have begotten You [established You in an official Sonship relation, with kingly dignity]? And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He will be to Me a Son?” Heb 1:1-5, AMP.
Your pastors are mortal men – empowered by the Holy Spirit for the name of the Lord (God) to be glorified through Jesus Christ (who is God’s son).
The glory on your pastors is for them to open your understanding to the ways of God, nurture you to maturity (until you can stand on your own to face issues of life), and to remain steadfast with God – until you (both) inherit God’s Kingdom with eternal glory.
NB: if you will like to give your life to Christ kindly say this short prayer.
Father thank you for the salvation of my soul: thank you for the new life that you have given me today. Grant me the grace to never look back into the world anymore: may I never regret giving my life to you today, but help me to find joy in serving you (all the days of my life).
I pray that you daily fulfil your wishes in me. In Jesus name I prayed, amen.
Congratulations, please join a church that teaches the truth of God’s word and get a Bible to read (also pray) everyday.

Labels:

35 36 37 38